25th May, 2018
Modern Mumology understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law. We will never sell your information to 3rd Parties.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below.|
|“Our Site”||means this website, www.modernmumology.com;|
|“ UK and EU Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015;|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Modern Mumology, a limited company registered in England under 11043165, whose registered address is c/o Wainwrights, Thursby House, 1 Thursby Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3PW|
2. Information About Us
- Our Site, modernmumology.com, is owned and operated by Modern Mumology Ltd, a limited company registered in England under 11043165, whose registered address is c/o Wainwrights, Thursby House, 1 Thursby Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3PW
- Our data protection officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
- Business/company name if applicable
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- Any other information that you provide us, eg via email, telephone, our contact form, competition entrance, survey completion.
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site
- Supplying Our services to you
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with informative marketing emails in the form of a newsletter that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link)
- Market research
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/ or telephone. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights.
We will only process your personal data in accordance with the below:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary to enable us to pursue your legitimate interest to deliver services, products and/or marketing information in order to improve our offering to you.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only retain your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to: the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements, the use of EU-US Privacy Shield certified service providers.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Procedures are in place should we suspect a personal data breach and you will be notified, alongside any applicable regulator, if legally required.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, accountancy services, advertising, marketing, technical assistance, administrative duties, and CRM services. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving communication from Us which you may do so by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links or via notification by return email)
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the United Kingdom: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows Our Site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies and we use different types of cookies to run the Service such as:
– Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
– Third-party cookies. In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies for e.g. to report usage statistics, for advertising services.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies, including how to manage them, at the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
13. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right to request access to, deletion, transfer or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
14. Contacting Us